We are an Associate Member of Interhab!
Power Up! is an annual conference designed to inspire, educate, and empower professionals who support persons with disabilities. Power Up! features a keynote speaker, breakout sessions, and networking activities featuring speakers who further innovation and progress in disability services.
Be sure to check out our presentation!
Interoperability 101: What You Need to Know in Kansas
Thursday, October 14th | 4:15 PM – 5:30 PM
Despite being a buzz word that is frequently cited when referring to technology and data exchange, interoperability remains a deeply complex topic that is not always widely understood. While originally developed for the healthcare space, interoperability is vital for the home and community-based services (HCBS) and long-term services and supports (LTSS) landscape to promote person-centeredness, increase transparency into coordination of care, and improve overall quality and outcomes. During this session, the presenter will:
• Define interoperability and its many benefits
• Answer the question, “what does interoperability mean for me?”
• Provide use cases to demonstrate interoperability in LTSS and specifically in Kansas
• Highlight the relevant federal policies
• Explore security considerations
Jeff Clair, Implementation & Training Specialist, MediSked