On Tuesday, we attended the ANCOR 2018 Direct Service Professional Recognition Awards ceremony to watch as DSPs from across the country were recognized for their hard work and dedication.
It was and is inspiring to hear about the stories of so many DSPs who go above and beyond their job description to help the individuals they support live their best lives and achieve their dreams in a truly person-centered way. At MediSked, we take a “Not no, but how” approach to everything we do. As i listened to the bios of each DSP winner, I saw this out-of-the-box, creative thinking used in truly amazing ways.
We want to give a special shout out to the 11 individuals from ResCare, one of MediSked’s clients, who were honored as DSPs of the Year:
- Catrina Cleveland – Florida
- Greg Curry – Canada
- Shilo Deede – Washington
- Carrie Diamond – Nebraska
- Elsa Gleason – Idaho
- Jamar “Barkim” Gowins
- Robert Moulton – North Carolina
- Tammy Porter – Alaska
- Miya Winfield – Louisiana
- Keith Richardson – Indiana – won in the special category for Leadership
- Emily Ward – West Virginia – won in the special category for Relationships
Thank you to the DSPs of the Year and all DSPs for the work you do to support individuals in our community.